Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, January 5, 2009

Meeting Kasab, repulsive: Big B

Megastar Amitabh Bachchan on Saturday said he found the idea of meeting Ajmal Amin Kasab - the lone terrorist caught alive in Mumbai terror attack - 'repulsive'.

"I read news reports that during investigation he expressed a desire to meet me and watch my films. I wrote about it on my blog and sought views from fellow bloggers," says Amitabh Bachchan.


"Fifty per cent respondents felt that I should meet him while the remaining were against such an idea," he adds.

"Considering the ruthlessness and mercilessness of the carnage there is repulsion," Big B explains.

He was speaking at a question-answer session on the sidelines of Osians Connoisseurs of Art's launch of its Publishing and Design House during which they released Bachchanalia: The films and memorabilia of Amitabh Bachchan.

To a question asked by his wife Jaya whether he thinks the films he worked in were 'aesthetic', Amitabh said, "When I enroll for myself for a film project I commit myself to the person in charge of it (producer, director)."

"Aesthetics and longevity of the film depend upon the producer and director and not on me," he adds.

"Personal aesthetics may differ from person to person," Amitabh Bachchan said.

Advertisement

Related Posts



Post a Comment

  © Blogger template PingooIgloo by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP